Maple Reinders is presently constructing GFS East Toronto Distribution Centre, a greenfield food distribution center approximately 343,413 SF in size with the option to expand/enlarge facility by 100,000 SF in future.
The scope encompasses site development, two-storey office space, maintenance shop, refrigeration machine room, ambient and 38°F refrigerated docks, ambient, medium and low temperature warehouse storage zones. The warehouse area will be approximately 60% manual selection from conventional racking with the remaining 40% made up of automated warehouse technology. The facility includes a test kitchen with secure pantry, which can open up to a full meeting room with capacity for 100+ people at tables, 200 auditorium style.
Maple Reinders’ responsibilities include Design-Assist services in which the team reviewed GFS’ standard requirements and conceptual plans, and then created the formal design documents in accordance with the Owner’s requirements. The Maple Reinders team also prepared the appropriate drawings and forms, and submitted documents required to obtain approvals and permits from all required governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the project. This included meeting with Governmental Authorities (planning, engineering, building, public safety, etc.) as required.